At CANCO, we put Safety First
Carl A. Nelson & Company is committed to a program of safety on our projects.
- ensuring a safe working environment for every employee, trade contractor and other visitors to the job site;
- preventing injury and the loss of property;
- and conserving material and financial resources.
Our positive attitude and diligent attention to safety at all levels of management make an important difference in the successful completion of assigned projects. In 2016, Carl A. Nelson & Company exceeded 1.5 million man hours without a lost-day accident. It was the second time in a decade we reached or exceeded the 1 million-hour threshold.
The safety organization and years of experience at Carl A. Nelson & Company are the keys to implementing our successful safety programs. Our corporate safety director establishes specific project safety goals and objectives, and coordinates the safety and health effort at each site. Additionally, he will provide professional safety consultation and technical support services for our customers, on-site contractors, and our Project Team.
Carl A. Nelson & Company’s on-site management monitors and assesses day-to-day activities and verifies appropriate controls are implemented to eliminate or control identified hazards.
- Twice since 2000, we have exceeded 1,000,000 man hours without a lost day accident.
- We achieved 1,000,000 man hours without a lost day accident from 2005 to 2009.
- From 2011 to 2016, we achieved 1,500,000 man hours without a lost day accident!
"Well-managed safety on a job is a well-managed job. It goes everywhere."
Tim Seibert, P.E.
President, Carl A. Nelson & Company
Carl A. Nelson & Company is a participant in the Iowa WORKSAFE program.
WORKSAFE, which is a joint initiative of the Iowa Occupational Health and Safety Administration and Master Builders of Iowa launched in 2012, is a “first of its kind“ program, “designed to promote and recognize best practices in job site safety preplanning, training and consultation.”