Employee Benefits & Training
To attract and retain quality employees, we offer a competitive benefits package. Listed below are some of our benefits. For more information, please contact Human Resources, at email@example.com or at 319-745-8415.
Carl A. Nelson & Company is a Drug-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Bonus Compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- “Nelson Bucks” Incentive Program
- Employee Referral Reward Program
- Cumulative Hours Safety Award *
- Travel/Subsistence *
- Tool Purchase Payroll Deduction Program *
Carl A. Nelson & Company is committed to providing our employees with training programs that will increase their skills and knowledge, prepare them for gainful career opportunities, and enhance our service to our customers. As a result, our workforce is more productive, works more safely, and delivers a higher level of quality to our clients.
All Carl A. Nelson & Company Construction Craftsmen are offered numerous paid training opportunities throughout the year to advance their knowledge and skills. These include but are not limited to:
- Concrete forming and finishing;
- Steel and Pre-Engineered Metal Building erection;
- Millwright technical skills;
- Metal stud framing;
- Proper scaffold erection;
- Certified rigger and signaler training.
All CANCO Construction Craftsmen are required to complete the 10-hour OSHA safety training program.
Field supervisory employees are invited to all training offered to Construction Craftsmen and also are offered programs such as:
- Site Layout;
- Total Station Surveying Instruments;
- Project Management Seminars;
- Timberline Estimating;
- Leadership Training.
All field leaders are required to complete the OSHA 30-hour safety training program.
Carl A. Nelson & Company conducts management training sessions for our management employees and field supervisors. Examples of recent training topics include:
- Construction Leadership;
- Dewatering Systems;
- Helical Pier Installation;
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Awareness.