Project Manager Assistant (Cedar Falls, Iowa)
Carl A. Nelson & Company is looking to fill an immediate opening in our Cedar Falls, IA location for a Project Manager Assistant. The ideal candidate will be personable, energetic, self-motivated, excellent proof reader, and have the ability to adapt to ever changing demands. In this position you would be responsible for assisting project managers and engineers with construction specific correspondence and day to day operations.
Pay Rate: $14.00 - $19.00 / hour (Based on experience)
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm (Paid overtime rare, but possible)
- Create and maintain project files for the PMs, FEs, and the Superintendents
- Interact with others on PM’s or FEs behalf including subcontractors, material suppliers and co-workers
- Receive messages and documentation via various means; copy, print, or scan documentation received, including blue prints, as needed and distribute using an appropriate distribution method to others and/or retain in files as appropriate
- Compose or otherwise prepare letters, memo's, transmittals and other documents as needed using an appropriate method and following Company guidelines
- Compile information for reports or correspondence
- Prepare packages for delivery using an appropriate delivery method, including registered, certified and insured mail, third party delivery service, etc. and record for correct posting of job cost
- Schedule appointments, arrange conference calls and web-based meetings and maintain a calendar
- Schedule meetings, prepare meeting materials and prepare conference rooms for meetings and take minutes as needed
- Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and travel directions
- Maintain contact list for projects, including contact names, telephone/fax numbers, etc.
- Prepare and submit for approval; AIA Documents (including monthly pay applications on CM projects), Consensus Docs contracts, work orders, purchase orders, contract and subcontract documents, change orders and other documents as required according to Company policies and procedures
- Proof-read and check own work and other’s work, including work of PM, subcontractors, etc. ensuring it is free of errors and complies with Company policies or contractual requirements
- Assist with maintaining construction schedules
- Maintain Submittal Logs
- Scan, save and file all fully executed subcontracts, purchase orders and change orders and update Timberline commitment records as received. Also includes tracking the ones not received and follow up.
- Maintain bidders listing in ISQFT on projects bidding, along with sending out invites, addendums, and making phone calls for prospective bidders
- Verification and follow up of all subcontractor and material supplier insurance certificates and endorsements with correct coverages and expiration dates
- Update work order list, blueprint archives and bidding schedule
- Provide back-up for other Project Manager Assistants as needed
- Running various errands needed
- May be asked to perform other duties as required by business needs
- Ordering all office supplies and miscellaneous supplies needed for the office
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Three to five years of related experience, preferably within the construction industry. Prior experience with Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate software preferred but not required
Key Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the Company’s Policies and Procedures related to the position
- Working knowledge of all office equipment - printers, copiers, etc.
- Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records
- General knowledge of the Company’s subcontractor prequalification procedures
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of the telephone system hardware and voice mail functions
- General knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, and their applications and using mathematics to solve problems.
- General knowledge of basic functions of spreadsheet software.
- Ability to understand written documents and flowcharts
- Ability to communicating effectively
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Managing one's own time
- Perform repetitive work according to set procedures
- Set priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
- Prioritize assignments and complete work in a timely manner
- Work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction
Physical Demands and Requirements:
- Sitting up to 8 hours/Standing up to 2 hours
- Repetitive Motions
- Lifting up to 40lbs.
- Walking and Climbing Stairs
- Reaching, stooping, bending, and kneeling
We are a Drug Free Workplace and An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Join a progressive firm representing over 105 years of quality construction experience. Carl A. Nelson & Company offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including:
- Group Health
- Group Dental and Vision
- Group Life and Disability
- 401(k) Retirement
- Paid Time Off
Qualified candidates must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Please apply today as we are eager to fill this position!
Carl A. Nelson provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time